Model-LAB is used to construct Labrador 'model files' by reverse-engineering existing data models and extracting the metadata. Model-LAB also presents the model graphically as an entity-relationship diagram. The model can be edited interactively through the diagram.
Model-LAB is a powerful development module that enables Labrador Technologies professional development team to easily model and reverse-engineer existing databases using advanced 'point and click' procedures.
- Identifies and commits to 'dog memory' the existing entities, attributes, relationships, and business rules of a relational database
- Allows for the creation of new database properties, derived attributes, and changes in units of measurement
- Employs the Labrador™ query language to reduce significantly the amount of coding and database understanding necessary to write complex queries for retrieving data
- Applies business names (user terms and nomenclature) to tables and columns within any relational database
- Automates the optimization of all SQL queries, resulting in unrivalled retrieval times for queries, regardless of complexity